I love strawberry lemonade! It is the perfect combination of sweet and tart… and makes you feel like a summer picnic even when the sky is grey. Since I began the AIP I have become a firm believer that jello is NOT just for kids, even if eating it makes you feel a little bit like one ;)This recipe combines the sweet and tart flavor of strawberry lemonade with the gut healing benefits of gelatin (along with benefits for your skin, nails and hair). The difference in color or layered look of this jello happens naturally as the jello sets in the fridge. My husband likes these jello bites with about 1/4 cup of maple syrup, while I enjoy them without any at all. Feel free to play with the amount of sweetener or leave it out all together if you are sensitive to sugar.
- 1 lb. strawberries (washed with green tops removed)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Maple syrup to taste (optional)
- 4 T gelatin (I use this one)
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and maple syrup to blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix gelatin with boiling water and add to blender (careful not to spray yourself with the hot liquid!)
- Blend for a few seconds until gelatin is well incorporated
- Pour into a glass dish or silicone molds
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours until firm