It is no secret that I am obsessed with pumpkin spice (as demonstrated by this pumpkin pie parfait). Pretty much as soon as there is a hint of fall in the air I start trying to find ways to incorporate pumpkins and spice and everything nice into my daily existence. I must not be the only one, because besides my AIP Mayo recipe the Pumpkin Spice “Na’tte” is my most popular post! It is also featured in the AIP Breakfast Cookbook!
Sweets on the AIP are something that are important to moderate (I wrote about this here) but this recipe for AIP pumpkin pie parfait manages to be rich, satisfying and completely dessert-like without a ton of sugar! If you are sensitive to sugar feel free to leave out the optional maple syrup and the natural sweetness of the pumpkin and coconut cream will still be enough to make this it taste naughty and delicious!
I hope that you enjoy this pumpkin pie parfait as much as I do!
- Toast your coconut flakes by spreading on a cookie sheet and placing on the top oven rack on broil until golden. Don't take your eyes off of them because they go from golden to charred in about an instant! If you prefer to buy your coconut flakes pre-toasted these ones are delicious!
- Add the pumpkin puree, ½ cup coconut cream, gelatin, maple syrup and all of the spices and all of the spices to the blender.
- Blend until well mixed
- Take the remailing chilled coconut cream and whip with a hand blender
- Layer the pumpin puree mixture and coconut cream in small mason jars or dessert glasses
- Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes before serving